As with the Generations Memory Care program, Transitions exemplifies person-centered care. This means personal interests, hobbies, and special needs are incorporated into daily activities, which enhance social, physical, mental, creative, and spiritual well-being. The Transitions Program is located within the Assisted Living neighborhood, for all residents to explore the benefit of therapeutic fitness.
- To provide an engaging social environment, where residents will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities that best suit their individual needs.
- Participants in the Transitions Program will benefit from daily accomplishments, independence, joyfulness, and the building of cognitive reserves through their participation in the program.
- Transitions provides an approach for older adults who may not be ready for a dedicated Memory Care environment. The activities chosen for these residents are selected based upon the individual interests and observations of our watchful staff which demonstrate positive physical and emotional benefits for participants. Daily participation in programs appropriate for these residents may enable a more independent lifestyle within the community.
Points of Difference
Families have many choices when it comes to selecting the best place to call home. The innovative Transitions Program was created for older adults with early memory loss, who can benefit from a highly engaging and socially interactive environment.
The Transitions Program provides mentally and socially engaging activities which meet the following goals:
- Tap into long term memory
- Promote brain fitness
- Build “cognitive reserve” in the brain
- Improve physical and emotional well-being
- Engage in meaningful social interaction